Monday, May 11, 2009

Graduation

So, I know that it may be a little strange to make cakes for yourself, but why pay someone to do something you can do yourself? Plus, I needed the practice. So, I decided to make my own graduation cake. My favorite type of cake is strawberry cake, so I decided to do a three tier, nine inch strawberry cake with homemade buttercream icing (with real butter).
I wanted to decorate the cake with black icing, hoping it would match the buttercream, and I wanted to do those fancy squiggles on the side. I practiced ahead of time, and they came out great, so I was excited to do them on my cake. Before decorating the cake, I took a sharpened dowel rod and drew on my designs. Something looked a little different, but I still thought it looked cool, so I went with it. Overall, the cake came out fairly well, and it tasted heavenly.


No comments: