Sunday, August 9, 2009

My First Wedding Cake

A few months ago, I met with my friend Linley, to design her wedding cake. She showed me a picture of her mother's wedding cake, which was three tiers and covered in fresh daisies. She then showed me another picture of a cake with daisies on it, which was a little more modern; the daisies on this new cake were made out of gum paste. Based on the number of people attending the wedding, we decided on a four tier cake with little sprays of daisies from top to bottom. I wasn't sure how I was going to do the daisies at that time, and had several ideas. After testing and deliberation, I decided to use gum paste daisies. Both the top tier and the 10 inch tier were made of white cake. The 8 inch was mocha, and the 12 inch was Funfetti (at Linley's request). I had a lot of fun doing this, and was extremely happy with the outcome!

No comments: