Sunday, April 10, 2011

Little Boy Blue...


A few weeks ago, I was able to do this cake for a friend's baby shower. The event planner told me that she had purchased some toille fabric which was a light blue for the tablecloth, and they were hoping to incorporate nursery rhymes into the event. I wanted something simple that would transport well (2 hours away) but that would still feed 35 people. I settled on this 12 inch round cake. This is a yellow cake with buttercream icing and filling.


Around the bottom, I wrote out the names of different nursery rhymes to give it a unique touch. I tried to find some that were boy-ish, and tried to space them out correctly (worked pretty well!). This was especially helpful because this cake was definitely tall (I made the layers pretty thick).


On top, I drew out some simple pictures of popular nursery rhymes such as Jack and Jill, Humpty Dumpty, and Hey Diddle Diddle. In the center I piped a monogrammed V for their last name! This cake was fun to do, although I did have to google some nursery rhymes (I couldn't think of enough to go around the bottom!).

No comments: