Sunday, July 5, 2009

The Big Five - O



So several months ago, I started thinking about this amazing cake I wanted to make for my dad's 50th birthday. I drew it out, and started thinking about how exactly I was going to do this cake. I started doing some research about fondant icing, because I had never worked with fondant before, but thought that it would really add so much to the design. I decided that I would go ahead with the fondant, and started buying the supplies that I needed (thank heavens for Michael's 40% off coupons!).

I drew out the cake again and again, and was falling in love with it more each time I did so. I had it all in my mind - three tiers: bottom tier would be Nascar, middle tier would be Harley, and top tier would be golf.

Total time in this cake was about 12 hours from start to finish, but I was so excited about how it came out. Can't wait to do more Fondant Cakes!

No comments: