The head was difficult to say the least. I used the remaining six inch cake for the head. I cut out a head-shape and tried to sit it on a very small board supported by dowel rods. This was working until the entire thing started to fall off after I iced it. I removed the head and came up with plan B. I re-attached the head with additional supports, then made the ears and trunk out of fondant. After attaching these pieces, I had to let the cake dry for a few minutes. I then proceeded to air brush the entire thing (Thank you Christine!). I was happy with the outcome, and apparently the recipient loved the cake as well. It was delivered this morning and I was told it was a big hit.