Sunday, October 18, 2009

Lets Celebrate Fall!


"Don't you just love New York in the fall? It makes me want to buy school supplies... if I knew your name and address I would send you a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils..."

Every time I think about fall, I think about curling up with a blanket and watching You've Got Mail! My wife and I wait all year for fall, and we decided we wanted to throw a party to celebrate this wonderful time of year. We had a lot of treats at our party including caramel apples, mulled cider, homemade apple pies, cheese and crackers, onion torte, pumpkin cheese ball, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and spice cake treats shaped like pumpkins.


I got the idea for the pumpkin shaped spice cake treats from a Southern Living magazine, but didn't want to spend the money for the special Wilton's pan they used. I ended up using a mini-bunt pan and made icing instead of glaze. the stem and leaves are made from individual caramels that I softened and then shaped how I wanted. I used a paring knife to get the lines and detail on them. I think they turned out well, at least for my first attempt. I will definitely be making these a tradition!

No comments: