Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ready, Aim, Shoot!


This camera cake was made for none other, than our very own Sabrena Deal of S. Carter Studios, my most faithful customer! :) This was however the first cake made specifically for her. This was a strawberry cake with whipped buttercream icing. The camera theme was picked by her husband, Josh, for obvious reasons!

I found this picture online of this old-school Canon camera, and attempted to recreate it on a cake. The lens is actually a cupcake, and I tried to match up the details as closely as I could.

I had a lot of fun doing this cake, as I learned photography on a camera similar to this one, and to this day only own Canon cameras. Not to mention, I LOVE strawberry cake! Win Win Situation for all involved! Happy Birthday Sabrena!

1 comment:

Sabrena Deal said...

wahoooo!! It was awesome and I look forward to eating even more of it TONIGHT!