Friday, August 13, 2010

An Extra Cool, Ektrakul Wedding

I had a lot of fun being a part of this really fun wedding! I was recently able to do 150 monogramed cupcakes for Solomon and Angi Ekrakul (pronounced like 'ektra cool'). There were three flavors: chocolate, vanilla, and carrot cake, and all of the monograms were hand piped from melted chocolate.

There were four different letter 'E's with different shapes and styles. I got pretty nervous though because when I started placing the monograms in the cupcakes, the humidity started melting the letters. Thankfully, it was cold at the reception site, and I was able to salvage them!

The stand was made by the brother of the groom, who was recreating a soccer stadium. He first made a template out of cardboard and finished this actual stand the night before the wedding!


No comments: