Sunday, October 24, 2010

It's Hip to be Square


This weekend, I was able to do this wedding cake for Christin and Joel. Their French themed wedding, was so cool! All over the reception location (the Parlor, downtown Lynchburg) there were amazing touches of France. This cake seems fairly simple decorations-wise, but it was the first square cake wedding cake I have done before, which was a little nerve-racking. It is also the first cake that I stacked before transporting, which was also nerve-racking. Thankfully, it worked out well!

I was shocked when I arrived and saw fresh flowers for the cake, which I didn't know about until I showed up. I am so glad that this couple chose fresh flowers, which I thought were the perfect touch as opposed to a traditional topper (which was what I was expecting to find upon arrival). I am really happy with this cake, and was thankful for the opportunity to decorate this cake!


No comments: