Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Cake to Remember

I can't begin to express how thrilled I was to get an e-mail from an employee of Centra Health asking me about doing the cake for their annual 'Walk to Remember'. This event is held in conjunction with RTS Bereavement Services and is held in memory of those who have lost a child either pre- or post- birth. Some of you may know that I volunteer with a local grief counselor organization helping kids who are grieving the loss of a family member or friend. Needless to say this holds a special place in my heart. On top of the cause, the employee listed off a few of the decorators they have had in years past, including Coffey Cakes, Gypsy Baker, and What a Blessing Bakery in Amherst. I am ecstatic to join the ranks of these amazing cake decorators in my area.

I did two cakes that looked virtually identical. I only took a picture of one, but am hoping someone at the event took a picture, in which case I will add it to my blog at a later date. One half sheet was a chocolate cake with an Andes mint filling, and the second was a vanilla cake with lemon buttercream filling. Both were iced with buttercream icing.

No comments: