Saturday, February 26, 2011

Valentine's Day = Chocolate!


My office had a staff Valentine's Party last week (post Valentine's Day) and I whipped up these non-cake treats everyone to enjoy. These marshmallow pops are covered in milk chocolate and non-pareils. I had no idea they would taste so deliciously yummy! I was so happy with how they turned out! For those of you health conscious/crunchy folks, you can use organic chocolate chips, and can get all natural marshmallows (I got mine from Whole Foods).


The process was more difficult than I imagined, but not overly complicated - just time consuming. I put the popsicle sticks in the marshmallows, then dipped them in a bowl of melted chocolate chips. Since these were not the normal 'chocolate' wafers you would use for candy, the chocolate was thicker and I had to use a spoon to cover the entire marshmallow. Afterwards, I used the back of the spoon to smooth out the chocolate then put on the red non-pareils right away before the chocolate started to harden. I put them on a wire rack to harden then stuck them in the freezer for a few minutes, but the chocolate hardened around the wires and it was difficult to get off... I think next time I will let them harden on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

No comments: