Friday, September 4, 2009

A Special Cake for their Special Day

A good friend of mine contacted me a few months ago, when I was just starting to do cakes. She asked if I would be willing to do her wedding cake, and after we discussed what she was looking for, I agreed. I am so glad I did. I am excited to say that I have finished my second wedding cake, and was able to pull it off without any major catastrophes.

Mary was looking for a three tiered cake with these special scrolls on each tier. She saw a picture similar to her idea but the scrolls were in buttercream on a white cake, and she wanted to go with their black and white theme. I suggested we seam the cake with black ribbon, which I thought would look very nice.

The bottom tier is chocolate cake with a mint filling. The middle tier is a vanilla cake and the top is regular chocolate with white icing as the filling. I admit that I have never done a cake with this type of decoration, and I was a little leery of doing so. I practiced on a piece of paper what I would be doing, and it turned out well when I drew it out. I drew the design on the cake with a dowel rod, then filled in the design with the piped icing. Again, I am happy with how it came out, and hope you enjoy it as well!

Congrats Mary and Shawn!

No comments: