Wednesday, July 14, 2010

French Elegance

This past weekend I was able to do the cake for a life-long friend, Courtney, who is now Mrs. French. The cake was created from a number of different ideas that Courtney and I compiled into one big cake. In fact, this is the biggest cake I have done yet.

We tried to combine several ideas, scrolly designs, Swiss dots, monogram and fresh flowers, and the colors of the wedding were black and white (although the bouquets were brightly colored flowers - hence the colored daisies). I jokingly called this cake my Neopolitan cake, because the three flavors were chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla. The strawberry tier had strawberry puree mixed into the buttercream filling which was heavenly (I had two pieces!).

Courtney and Grant had a beautiful wedding, and enjoyed the cake that they smashed into each others' faces! I was thankful to be able to be a part of their special day!


No comments: